(Little one's interpretation of windy hair).
I have been diligently trying to suck it up and like pharmacology but it is just not possible. I think it has something to do with chemical formulas (to which I am terribly allergic) and calculations (without calculators!) that just scream at my eyes "LOOK AWAY," to which I happily comply.
Also, the drugs I am studying now will most likely morph into new incarnations of second and third generations when I am on the floors. Therefore, I just do not see the point of learning classes, mechanisms of action, clinical applications, contraindications, and adverse effects of drugs that will be obsolete by the time I am a resident and can actually prescribe meds.
What I really look forward to are the hospital rotations we have each week. So far, I got to interview mommies and do physical exams on their newborns, shadow an anesthesiologist in the ICU, and follow a patient from taking his history to scrubbing in on his surgery. This week, we are visiting a private family practice physician. Definitely makes up for the pharm cluster.
No comments:
Post a Comment