Thursday, March 13, 2008

Biochem

AAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Feels a little better.

ONE more exam tomorrow (biochem). I am so tired, I could fall asleep on the stage at a Metallica concert. They would have to drag me off by my scrub straps. "Girl falls asleep amid chaotic concert. Witnesses recall the faint smell of formaldehyde...."

My scrubs do smell and when I first heard of that little inconvenience, I let out a chuckle. Oh, its just the upper termers wanting to mess with us. It is just so true. When I get home from lab, I just want to burn them. I smell it everywhere - on ham sandwiches (mmmm....meat preservatives), when I first open a package of pasta, or a new box of cereal.

Then, of course, there is the chicken. Cadaver muscle looks just like chicken. Lately, I have been a veggie. I guess trying to take a gulp of a chicken's biceps brachii just makes me want to heave.

There is really something to be said for anatomy videos. Study without the smell. Here is a great website by the University of Wisconsin for those who are interested in human anatomy:

WARNING: These are videos of actual dead people, so if you do not want to see their insides, do not click this link.

I can't believe my first term of medical school is half over. Back to biochem....

No comments: