Woo-hoo - midterms are over and I did ok! Well at least ok enough that I won't be getting a call from the Dean, like some of my classmates I talked to.
Happy weekend!! I got to spend some time with my family at my favorite place in all of Grenada (Ft. Jeudy Point) with no worries about studying or exams. Lots of hugs from my favorite little munchkins, laughing with my hubby, Chai smoothies, huge surf from a storm up in Barbados, kite flying, Easter candy, sleeping in.... all is right with the world.
Of course, all good things.....
Now this half of the term I am determined to stay current and not fall behind. My anatomy professor already let us know that the rest of the term is harder than the first half. Great, thanks. We're covering the pelvis. Did you know that there is an outlet in your pelvis? Not really a place to charge your iPod but a place most of us traveled through to be born. We're also covering the lower limb. My hubby is really excited about that. We get to learn all about the bone that he broke in his leg (and didn't realize it until an astute physician picked up the old injury by x-ray), the ankle he severely sprained, the ligament in his foot he tore off, the knee joint he still has pain in. Bad, bad, skateboard.... It is also the time to study the most complex area - the head and neck.
Luckily for me, biochem is more cell biology and genetics centered, subjects that are at least familiar to me. Histo is.. well... histo. No way to really prepare for things that just looked like purple blobs of primordial goo before I took this class. Now we just get to look at more blobs, though since we are doing central nervous system in anatomy, we'll probably use more silver stain - so the color of the week is most definitely orange.
Time to get my Golgi in a complex..
No comments:
Post a Comment