Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Decision

Finally. After years of preparation, I am on my way to becoming a physician. It feels like an eternity that I have been arduously applying, testing, being rejected, retesting, reapplying, being rerejected, realizing, reevaluating, revisiting, and finally resigning to the fact that my first choice for medicine did not choose me. Nor my second choice, third, fourth, ....fast forward to eighteenth, and well... my options were decreasing in latitude with each skinny envelope.

Then one Friday out of the deep blue Caribbean sea, came the big fat envelope I was hoping for. My chance. To begin the journey I have been drawn to all my life. While it wasn't my first choice, or even my eighteenth, pursuing a medical degree from St. George University School of Medicine in Grenada is my final decision.

As we travel south, I hope to share stories of transition as we begin our journey to a tropical country and I begin my medical studies.

No comments: