Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Brain drain

Well, the test is over and I must say it was somewhat surprising. The subject I was most confident in, histology, I did the worse in and the subject that has been the hardest for me, anatomy, I probably did the best in. Crazy.

We were rewarded for our studying efforts by having no lectures today so I took the afternoon off to spend with my hubby and give the brain a rest. Since it is now officially Tuesday, it is time to get back in gear. At least I know what to study and how hard I need to work at it everyday. I noticed that the classes are all starting to build off of eachother with concepts from one class, muscle function in anatomy for example, introduced in a new way in another class such as the characteristics of muscle cells in histology. So, if I don't understand the underlying concepts of muscle cell biology, I may have difficulty learning muscle action or innervation.

Thankfully, we were duly warned at orientation.

"Don't fall behind." I heard that probably 100 times during my first week here.

I think today I'll start with histology...

No comments: